We simply love finding a piece of cookware from one of the great French department stores!
Les Galeries du Louvre opened in 1855 on the ground floor of the Grand Hôtel du Louvre on the Palais Royale in Paris. The store was so successful that in 1875 the owners purchased the entire building, and after two years of refurbishment re-opened Les Grands Magasins du Louvre in 1877.
This saucepan dates between 1877 and 1902.
A special piece with an amazing history!
French, late 19th century. 2.0mm copper
Dimensions: 4.75"H x 8.5"D x 16.75"L